Effective March 18, 2020
Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors is committed to doing our part to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus, keeping the safety and well-being of our employees, clients, and communities as our top priority. Work will continue as usual; however we are continually monitoring information provided by the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and may adjust this as needed in this rapidly changing environment.
Our response efforts are being adjusted as necessary as the situation evolves, but these are the actions we are taking now:
- Employees who are able to work remotely will do so until further notice
- Showroom offices will be closed to visitors and tours until further notice; instead using digital communication and other tools to ensure our service levels remain high
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home to rest, recover, and avoid infecting others
- Practice in social distancing within the workplace
- Performing routine environmental cleaning
- For employees whose work must be performed on a client site, additional protocols and services have been implemented to protect their health
- Warehouse + Vehicle sanitation crews have been assembled to make sure that any product/vehicle leaving our site is safe.
- Restrict all non-essential business travel until at least the end of March for all our employees
- If you do need to travel, be cognizant of the CDC Travelers’ Health Notices
In regards to currently scheduled or upcoming installations:
- Unless otherwise noted, Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors will act to maintain its installation schedule and our commitment to our clients
- Our Operations and Installation Managers have been instructed to inquire with clients about any unique protocols installation crews will need to follow onsite
- We will work closely with all of our clients to ensure the safest environment for all parties involved
- Our practices already include wipe-down of all contacted surfaces with cleaning agents; these practices will now extend to include washing/sanitizer application for each employee or subcontracted installer upon arriving at each jobsite location
Here are the ways within our showrooms that we are communicating and implementing these safety protocols with our employees:
Daily protocols within the showrooms: – Disinfecting 2x a day (8am and 1pm – checklist and visual reminders around the showroom are provided to teams)
- Cleaning frequently contacted horizontal surfaces
- Cleaning high traffic work commons such as the work café, bathrooms, printer area, etc.
- Cleaning counters, cabinet handle pulls, door knobs, and shared phones
- Coffee pot will be cleaned daily
- Open snacks will be temporarily removed
- Employees are responsible for cleaning their own workstation
- If you have a meeting in a shared space or enclave, clean the surfaces, phones, remote controls, and door handles when done
Service & Install Teams:
- Each service & install team will use disinfect spray on every installed surface
- Ensure the right product is being used on the right surface
- Fleet vehicles – hand sanitizer will be provided for each vehicle
- Please use every time you enter or exit the vehicle
- Be proactive in cleaning and maintaining their own tool boxes by disinfecting tools once a day
- Limit sharing of tools
- Actively evaluate and limit the amount of team members on a customer site to essential team members only
We maintain flexible policies that permit employees to stay home to care for a sick family member or disruption of childcare. Please communicate with your manager as things develop.
Employees are encouraged to self-screen and stay at home if sick. If you suspect that you may have been exposed, please see your local healthcare provider. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed COVID-19 2019 cases. The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath
Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors will continue to follow developments related to the virus and make adaptations to policies as needed. If you have an upcoming appointment and wish to meet virtually, please contact your Workplace Consultant and we will be happy to assist with that request.