POSITION: Workplace Consultant – Inside Sales
Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors is the region’s premier Steelcase Inc. dealership, providing commercial furniture by creating spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to large corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors, we are passionate about providing world-class workspaces. Having built our business on personal relationships and best practices, we continue to grow on that solid foundation every day.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: A Workplace Consultant with an emphasis on Inside Sales is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with walk-in clients and smaller scale client projects until product knowledge and skills are developed with transition to outside sales within one year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies prospects and potential clients through referrals, networking, associations, business journals, web sites, etc. Achieves success through consultative selling and building strong relationships.
- Researches and investigates all prospects’ product, industry, structure, and potential as future client in order to qualify lead and develop an effective call or first contact strategy and sales plan
- Executes call or first contact strategy and establishes rapport or follow-up with prospects; schedules consultative meetings and presentations to obtain future business
- Prepare quotations for the client’s review
- Develop and enter a budget, create pricing, determine profit margin, and align internal resources (project management, design, account management, and other Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors services) for execution of sale. Outlining product specifications, client pricing, delivery and installation timeframes, as well as the team’s and company’s capabilities by identifying the clients’ needs, budgets and timeframes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending company and vendor sponsored educational and product workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Keep management informed by submitting planning reports and project updates.
- Contribute to team effort by supporting related goals.
- Obtain new product orders by servicing existing accounts through continuous needs analysis and follow-up.
- Maintain and organize Design Resource Library
- Other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Business Development: Builds strong professional networks that lead to future sales opportunities. Develops relationships with key sales partners such as architecture & design firms, commercial real estate companies, building contractors, etc. Participates in industry events and appropriately reflects the GOP brand in the community.
- Client Relationship Management:Identifies, approaches and develops trusted relationships with key client contacts and accounts. Works closely with clients through each stage of the process to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Consultative Selling: Manages sales effort at every stage in a long-cycle sales process. Identifies client requirements and ensures proposed solutions meet or exceed them. Creates selling strategies and advances the opportunity with each sales call. Delivers presentations effectively and closes sales opportunities.
- Project Leadership:Leads the team to develop proposals that meet or exceed client expectations. Clearly defines deliverables/timelines and delegates responsibility. Follows up to ensure projects are completed on time and to quality expectations.
- Professional & Product Knowledge:Continually develops professional selling skills as well as key product knowledge. Learns Steelcase’s workplace research concepts and builds them into selling strategies. Seeks out client and industry information to provide forward-thinking solutions to clients.
- Sales Planning & Administration: Develops an annual business plan. Continually updates and utilizes CRM system. Provides timely and accurate sales forecasts.
- High School diploma or equivalent
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- AS/BA/BS degree
- One to two years of related work experience: commercial office furniture, architecture & interior design, commercial real estate, construction, marketing
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience utilizing CRM software
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team to achieve optimal results.
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem-solving ability and follow through
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and scheduling skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task organization
- Diplomatic, polished professional appearance
- Is goal-oriented and motivated to succeed
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- Design experience/background or furniture dealership experience preferred
- Selling to construction and/or architecture & design and sister industries is a plus
Employees are responsible, as a condition of hire and continued employment, for following all prescribed safety rules and procedures to prevent workplace injuries. All employees are expected to cooperate in every aspect of the company’s safety program and follow safe work practices.
While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Hannaher’s Workplace Interiors complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.